Thursday, July 3, 2008

T-shirt salvage project

I started the Wardrobe Refashion challenge with a salvaging project. My college-age son bought a very cheap T-shirt which shrank in odd ways after the first washing, turning it into a hip-length trapeze top with more fullness in the back than the front. Normally, this would have spelled " dust cloth", but he really liked the design and asked if it could be fixed. The solution was to open up the side seams from waist to arm hole and take it in unevenly (more in the back than the front). The best part of this project was trying out my newly-acquired Singer 6268 (ca. 1984) which has an overlock stitch (my mid-1970s Kenmore doesn't). It worked beautifully and my son was so thrilled he's been wearing it a couple of times a week. (Gotta love 'em, right?

No comments: