Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Finally! A $14,500 purse worth every penny


Suddenly, it dawned on me, after decades of minimalist fashion and frugal living. I've been saving myself for something really, really wonderful. After all, isn't the key to fabulous minimalism having a few "wow" pieces to contrast with the steady background of neutral basics? My morning Google break brought me to The Purse Blog, and I immediately got a Chris Matthews-esque tingle up my leg. Picture this bag with jeans and a black turtleneck. Or jeans and a white turtleneck. Of course, my frugality alarm went off at the price tag: $14,500! But then I realized I had probably saved that much on clothing in my lifetime, and the Proenza Schouler PS1 Crocodile Satchel was the reason. So I did it; it's on its way as I type these words: april fool.

No comments: