The internets are full of news and information about green fashion and conscious consumption, I've decided to aggregate the best and the worst into a single post about once a week.
- inhabitat's pendants made from recycled LPs, made by Brooklyn-based WrecordsByMonkey.
- Make it sew with Urban Outfitters. The trendy retailer is now selling sewing machines, fabric and notions. Wow, I am getting all nostalgic for the days when most big department stores had notions departments, and every mall had a fabric store.
- DIY project of the week: Making a Handbag out of a Book. This truly inventive project is from Curbly.com, a very nifty DIY design site.
- Lovely dress in "handwoven Bamboo" from Elroy; I'm sure they meant rayon made from bamboo.
- Another article about a family earning over $100,000 struggling in the recession, following a 10% pay cut. Choice quote: "The twice-a-month maid service was the first thing to go."